Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

search a reference in the part

First thank you for attention and sorry for my bad English.

In my factory I have a hold vision machine for inspection two parts of my product  (automotive interruptor of mirror control). The inspection consists of verifying the presence and the position of the components of the cover and pci of the interruptor. My problema it is that the mechanical system presents small variations in the positioning of the part for inspection ( inside of the focus of the camera - about 1mm in axle x ). My question is if exite some way to make the software to search a reference in the part, and  with  this reference to execute the inspection ( absorbing small variations of positioning ).

My system software is: LabView 6.0, Imaq Vision Builder 5.0, Imaq Vision 5.0, NI-Imaq 2.6 and NI-Daq 2.8.

I tried to get aid with the Mr. Rick Saunders of the national for email, but so far I did not get reply
Again  thank you for  attention
Ricardo R. Santos
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,837 Views)
I am not very familliar with the capabilities of the versions of software you are using as they predate my time here at National Instruments.  However the Battery Clamp inspection, that is a shipping example for NI Vision Builder for Automated Inspection 2.6.1 demonstrates the functionlity you are looking for.  The example starts by locating a specific object in an image then setting the coordinate system for the rest of the inspection based on the location of that object.  As I said, I am not very familliar with the older versions of the software, so this functionality may or may not be available in them.  If they are, the following steps should reproduce the results you are looking for.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Geometric matching or Pattern matching
2. Set coordinate system
3. Find other objects based on new coordinate system.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
S. Arves S.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,821 Views)
Thank you S_A_S. you helped very
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,816 Views)