Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AVI metadata - how to view/retrieve?

LabView allows you to insert metadata into an AVI frame by frame (not an overlay, I mean the "Has Data" function of the Write To AVI File VI). How can I retrieve/view this data? WMP doesn't seem to do it.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,145 Views)
Nasgul -

While the data inserted is simply inserted as a text stream (much like an additional audio stream), I'm unaware of any other viewer that gives you the ability to retrieve the data.  You can of course use AVI Read Frame to get the data out, but that's the only way I know.

Greg Stoll
Vision R&D
National Instruments
Greg Stoll
LabVIEW R&D
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,141 Views)

Hello, we are saving data along with images into AVI's using Labview. But for processing, we want to use Matlab. There must be a way to get the data back out using other software, i.e. a defined format for how the data is stored. Please let me know, and thanks,

Alex K.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,721 Views)

Alex,

The mechanism is defined. I believe it is just another pin off the AVI splitter that will be of a "text" media type. It would be up to whatever other software is reading the AVI to hook up to that pin and get the data. You would likely have to see if MATLAB has support for doing this or if they can only get the image data.

Eric

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,714 Views)