cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need of a Video Output / Decode PCI card

Hello,

I am looking for a video card that can do the following:

1) Be a PCI or PCIe format card compatible with XP

2) Be able to command the card (using LabVIEW drivers or an accessible DLL) to take a video test pattern file

3) Convert the test pattern file into an RS-170 (B/W) NTSC interlaced 30 fps 640x480 analog output stream

4) Output the stream to a connector (preferably BNC connector) with standard 70 ohm impedance

Does anyone know of a product from NI or other vendors that will do this work? Thanks.

Michael

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,170 Views)

I once used a Matrox Orion (a discontinued product) for a similar job.   As I see now, Matrox offers this product.

I do not know if there is any LabVIEW support available.

Hope this helps, Guenter

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,158 Views)

I think the NI PCI-5431 (http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/12708) can do this.

Eric

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,147 Views)

Eric,

The 5431 looks good, but it was discontinued a few years ago.  I found a knowledge base entry (http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/3FF7A94A251EABF38625738B0005139D) that recommends using the VideoMaster Generator based on the 5421 instead.  If you want PCI, it looks like the 5122 or 5124 are your options.  The card paired with the software is a bit pricey, but I bet it does anything you need it to do plus more.

Actually, the 5122 and 5124 are for signal analysis.  To generate signals, I didn't see any PCI options during a quick look, but the PXI 5421 looks like a good solution for signal generation.  There is a PCI 5421, so that might work as well.  I would talk to a sales person about any differences that might cause a problem.

Bruce

Bruce Ammons
Ammons Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,143 Views)

Thanks for the suggestions. I have a card from a company from Alacron. According to the company, it can do analog in and out but they are not sure if it can do it at the same time. I will post if I come up with an acceptable solution.

Michael

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,120 Views)