cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AVT image gets brighter

Solved!
Go to solution
Hey all,

Having an issue with an AVT F146C camera - we've configured this camera for gray scale acquisition and once every so often, the image captured looks saturated (almost like the exposure setting ramped up for a single inspection).

This is typically happening when the top level VI is stopped and restarted, but I've noticed this occurring sometimes in while looking at the camera in MAX as well - you can snap one image and it simply looks over exposed and not representative of the image settings stored thru MAX.

LED lighting and aperture are constant.

Not sure what to make of it - we're not manipulating any of the camera registers at startup and we're configured for a "grab".  I've attached some screenshots showing the VI session setup, "live" mode triggering, and timed loop triggering.

Any AVT experts seen this and have any recommendations?  I don't know that writing registers for the VI session would help since I'm seeing this in MAX occasionally.

Thanks for any help,
VG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,129 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author VisionGumby
Hi VG,

As a member of the AVT support team, I'm happy to report there is an easy fix via a firmware update.  When the Guppy 146 first came out, the initial firmware release turned out to exhibit exactly the behavior you desribe.... namely a certain number of frames for the dark level to settle;  i.e. one sees the phenomenon only after a restart, then it settles to the proper value.

There has been a revised firmware available for some months, which is easily installable via the 1394a Firewire cable and an AVT software utility.   Please contact us at support@alliedvisiontec.com, or  http://www.goavt.com/supportDesk.asp, and we will provide the firmware and simple instructions.

Sorry for the disruption, but we'll be happy to help you get that firmware enhancement installed - it only takes a few minutes and will fully correct the phenomenon you are seeing now.

Scott
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,101 Views)
Outstanding Scott - thanks for the update.  I will email support for the information and firmware.

VG
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,097 Views)