cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AVT image stitch issue

Solved!
Go to solution
Hey all,

Indirectly in reference to this post (regarding firmware update for the AVT F146C Guppy):

I'm not sure if the below item is covered under the firmware update or not (haven't received any release notes or firmware update yet).  We have two systems and only one is exhibiting this behavior.

One of our cameras will occasionally produce an image where the pixels are out of sequence (see screen capture of a failure).  The icons should obviously be lined up, but they're shifted once in a while.  The X value (where the shift occurs) is random and it always moves the pixels from that point down - we've seen it at different locations in the X.

We're not doing any image manipulation via NI when this occurs - this will happen after we've run the "grab" and then output the image to a display and that's it.  (The attached image has run thru an NI VI and had 100 pixels added to the bottom, but we're seeing it when the image is pulled straight thru w/out any manipulation).

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks,
VG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,173 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author VisionGumby
Hi VisionGumby

We had a similar problem when running two cameras connected to NI PCI-8254R. The FireWire bus was set up at 400 Mbps speed, with each camera set to 2048 packet size. Normally, this setup should work, but it didn't. One solution was to set the FW bus speed to 200 Mbps and the packet sizes to 1024. However, we needed the full bus speed, so we finally had to buy an additional FW PCI adapter (not from NI), which worked perfectly...

I didn't contact NI regarding this problem, but it seemed to me as a design problem of PCI-8254R card. We had two pieces of the card from different batches, and both of them were experiencing the same problem.

Vladimir

View my profile on LinkedIn
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,135 Views)

Thanks Vladimir - I'll give this a try without the hardware change and see how it goes.  Will reply to this thread when tested.

Message Edited by VisionGumby on 04-21-2008 05:42 PM
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,121 Views)