Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Axis Camera

Solved!
Go to solution

I am trying to acess an Axis 207MW network IP camera and i can't seem to figure out how to communicate with the camera. I know that it is possible because i saw a high school use this camera type for FIRST robotics. Labview provided them with the files to do it, i do not have these vi's. Right now i'm just using linux command called wget to get the image from the IP address. However, this is very slow and delayed. Can anyone explain to me how to better communicate with my camera? Thank you. 

-CRBreingan 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 17
(7,468 Views)

Hey Crbreingan,

The vi's that were used in the FIRST robotics competition were in a library (vi.lib) that was specifically written for interfacing with that particular camera. The vi's themselves most likely used TCP/IP commands to capture from the camera. So it is certainly something that could be accomplished through normal LabVIEW tools. However, this particular vi library is only available through the first robotics competition. Unfortunately, this particular vi library is not something that can be directly downloaded from National Instruments. If you have access to the startup CD's shipped with the FIRST robotics competition, that might be your best bet for that vi library. A popular forum for members of the FIRST robotics compitition is Chief Delphi -forum. Perhaps you could find some more support for that particular camera and the vi library there.

Hope this helps.

-Ben

Hope this helps.
-Ben

WaterlooLabs
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 17
(7,454 Views)

Axis provides a SDK for this purpose. After you download and install this SDK, you can see Axis MediaControl in ActiveX Container in LabVIEW, which you could use to access the camera.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 17
(7,419 Views)
Yea, i've found the sdk. I'm using it now. Do you know what method to use in order to get the image? Every time i try to use the getCurrentImage method it freezes and i have to crash labview. 
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 17
(7,408 Views)
Hi all,

I need to creat several ROIs into a flow of images obtained by using PCO sensicam CCD in order to obtain the mean intensities of different parts. In this way, I can compare the inteansities of different parts in those of images as a function of time. Thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 17
(7,404 Views)
Use the Media URL property to set what kind of video stream you want to get,and then method Play to activate the camera,and then use the get current image.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 17
(7,398 Views)
Yes, thanks guys. But i've tried that. I set everything up and i use the media url and all of that. But when it gets to the getCurrentImage call it just stops. It will not continue and even if i hit the stop button it won't stop. I actually have to go into task manager and end LabView before it will stop. I am running 64-bit vista. I heard somewhere that the AMC stuff doesn't like vista. Has anyone else experienced this problem?
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 17
(7,362 Views)

So I still can't seem to get it to work. I got it to stop crashing the computer. But i still can't seem to get an image to display in the activex container. I am using the property node to assign values to: AutoStart, mediaUsername, MediaPasswrod, MediaURL, and MediaType. Then i call play from invoke node thingy. But i still can't get an image. 

Can anyone please point me in the right direction? Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 17
(7,325 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Crbreingan
The attached VI is for recording the stream for 5 seconds. It works for me in Windows XP...
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 17
(7,309 Views)
Thank you so much! It worked for me too! I realize now that i was putting in the wrong url. Thanks again! 
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 17
(7,296 Views)