Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Basler camera and CVS connection

Hello I have a problem. I am student on University of mechanical Engineering, working on my master degree work/seminar, and my college has just setup in laboratory new workbench witch contains from CVS - model NI 1456, and basler scA1400-17fc camera. Camera and CVS are connected with fireware  IEEE 1394.

Now thing is since we are working with it for first time we have a bit problem with conecting 1 cable - specificly I/O cable going from camera to CVS and we can't find where to plug it in on CVS device.

I/O cable is conected to camera with 12 pin connector ( Hirose micro receptacle), and other part of cable which should connect on CVS is 9pin connector like for serial port.  Only serial ports on CVS are for VGA, and other is called COM1- and its used for for connecting to serial devices, such as PLCs, scanners, and lighting devices. 

Now there are also TRIG 0-input TRIG,1,2-output connectors but only way to connect to them is to produce, make  or buy some wires which should go from  2nd part of I/O cable 9pin end - and connect those wires on specific pins for inputs , and outputs.

Question is do u have any idea or sugestion how to solve that I/O cable conection problem  between camera and CVS device?

I apologize if i maybe posted in wrong section  but i saw lots of question here about basler camera and CVS.

Thank you in advance 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,243 Views)

Basler sells a 3m and 10m I/O cable for the Scout cameras, P/N 2000022907 and P/N 2000022909, see http://www.graftek.com/pages/scA1400-17FC.htm.  These cables go from the 12-pin Hirose connector of the camera to bare wire.  You can send the trigger signal to the I/O cables by way of the DSUB I/O connection on the CVS or by way of the SMB trigger connection on the CVS.  National Instruments sells connector blocks and cables that break out the DSUB I/O connector of the CVS, P/N 778790-01, P/N 778791-01 and P/N 779166-01, see http://www.graftek.com/pages/compactvisionsystem.html.   To use the SMB trigger output, purchase P/N 763389-01, a SMB to BNC cable.  You will need to either add a BNC connection to the Basler I/O cable or cut the BNC connection off the SMB to BNC cable and tie the wires of the Basler I/O cable and SMB cable together.

-Robert

Robert Eastlund
Graftek Imaging, Inc.
Phone: (512) 416-1099 x101
Email: eastlund@graftek.com
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,233 Views)