Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can we give the trigger to 1394 camera?

Hi all,

i need to take the image of moving object? i have sensor to detect the object.... i need to give the physical trigger to 1394 camera to take the image ..... how can i give..

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,345 Views)

Dear Kalanga,

Who is the manufacturer of the camera, and what is the model number of the camera?  Most of the industrial firewire cameras will have a separate connection for the trigger input.

-Robert Eastlund

Robert Eastlund
Graftek Imaging, Inc.
Phone: (512) 416-1099 x101
Email: eastlund@graftek.com
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,338 Views)

Hi Robert,

thanks for your reply.Im using Basler camera and model no is A601f. You are right in that camera it has two ports. One is firewire port and another one is like ethernet port(but it is not a ethernet)i think  have to use that one only.But i dont  know what shoud  i do? if you have any idea please suggest me.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,329 Views)

The Basler camera series use a 10 pin ethernet type connector.  A standard 8 pin ethernet cable won't give you connections for the two outer pins, but the important ones are in the center so you can get away with it.

Find a Basler manual on the internet to get the pinouts for the trigger input.  It will explain how to wire up a trigger signal to the camera.

Bruce

Bruce Ammons
Ammons Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,321 Views)

The A601f camera manual can be located at http://www.graftek.com/pdf/Brochures/basler/A600fmanualNEW.pdf.  Section 2.5.1 begins the discussion of the camera's trigger input.

Robert Eastlund
Graftek Imaging, Inc.
Phone: (512) 416-1099 x101
Email: eastlund@graftek.com
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,301 Views)

Mr. Kalanga,

Is your problem solved? do let us know if you have any other problem.

Thanks

Gaurav

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,278 Views)