Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera+Lens

Hello!

I'm looking for a camera with an appropriate lens which could give a full screen image of the distance between the anode and cathode, which varies between 1 micrometer - 1 millimeter (see the experimental setup attached). Minimal distance between the object and camera is about 55 mm. What would you recommend?

Thank you!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,829 Views)

Hi userftf,

The information you have provided comes out to you needing at least a 2MP camera (if you can get 1mm to fill the screen). For a lens, at 58mm you will need a ~580mm lens... This is not something you are going to find and if you did you certainly would not be able to focus at that distance. If you truly want to be able to meet these requirements you need a microscope that supports c-mount so that you can simply attach a camera to the microscope. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,772 Views)

Hi!

Thanks for your response! At edmundoptics.com they offer the following combination of camera and lens which should meet my requirements. I appreciate if you comment this camera/lens combination. Thank you in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,767 Views)

that is the right camera and lens for the system you suggest. Fortunately it looks like that lens focuses at 60mm working distance too, which is right in range of what you are looking for. This should get you what you are looking for or very close to.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,758 Views)

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,756 Views)

Note that the camera you chose has a rolling shutter. It will work fine if you are just looking at it, but if you want to catch something that happens quickly, like current arcing from cathode to anode, it may look funny. A rolling shutter refreshes the pixels line by line, while a global shutter will refresh them all at once.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,701 Views)

Gregoryj, I need the camera just to adjust the distance between a cathode and anode

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,698 Views)