Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extract ROI including overlay

Solved!
Go to solution

Folks - looking for an efficient method with Vision VIs to extract a region of interest (subsection of an image) defined for example by drawing a rectangle on the image.  The subsection in question has overlay information on it.  The final extracted region should contain the subsection plus the overlay information, without having merged the overlay information into the image itself.

So far, my current attempts to do this are not successful.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,379 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author DonRoth

The easiest way what I can imagine - is combination shift + crop, something like that:

ov-code.png

result:

ov-res.png

Code (LV2011) also attached

Message 2 of 4
(4,363 Views)

Hello Andrey -

I hope you are getting your Wall Street-sized bonus this year because you are awesome.

I knew this was not going to be easy and I started looking looking at the IMAQ Set Overlay Properties but could not figure out the puzzle.

Thanks so much,

Don

ps. Although I have Vision 2011, I do not have IMAQ Extract 2, only IMAQ Extract which I subbed in.  Maybe the former is coming with the Vision update.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,354 Views)

@DonRoth wrote:

Hello Andrey -

I hope you are getting your Wall Street-sized bonus this year because you are awesome.

ps. Although I have Vision 2011, I do not have IMAQ Extract 2, only IMAQ Extract which I subbed in.  Maybe the former is coming with the Vision update.

Thank you, Don.

IMAQ Extract 2 may be coming out from VDM 2011 SP1. In this update IMAQ Extract was changed (and probably was replaced with IMAQ Extract 2):

310081 IMAQ Extract removes calibration information.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,350 Views)