Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frequently corruption of OCR characterset file and realtime exe file in CVS1454

Solved!
Go to solution

HI i am facing very strenge problem in vision application. I am using NI-CVS 1454 hardware. There is a OCR application running on CVS which inspect product passing on conveyor. I have made different Character set file for different Labels on Product. Now main problem is sometime not exactly knowing when, my chracterset file, Pattern matching templete and my real time exe corrupts. I have attached some ok and corrupted characterset file here and also one realtime exe.

When i opened my characterset file(.abc) in notpad i found following text entry in corrupted files.

####
#Date: Mon, Sep 1, 2008 11:28:00 AM
#OSName: PharLap
#OSVers: 13.0
#AppName: PH_EXEC
#Version: 8.5
#AppKind: AppLib

LVRT.DLL load address: 0x002F6000

I don't understand how this error log massage get written into .abc or ,rtexe file which make them currupt..I have also attached image file of my code structuring.

PBP
Labview 6.1 - 2019
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,794 Views)

Dear prashantpatel21,

The problem you describe may be due to not having enough memory on the CVS. Do you have the same problem when running a shipping example on the CVS, or an inspection that doesn't use OCR? 

Another possibility is corruption of the CompactFlash. on the CVS.

Here are a couple of additional questions I'd like your help on so that I can try to find out more information on your problem: 

What is the part number of your CVS?

How old is it?

Were you ever able to successfully run this application reliably, and then it started to corrupt, or was it starting this behavior right off the bat once trying to run the inspection from the CVS?

Please let me know about the above questions, and I'll try to find some additional information for you.

Best Regards,

~Nate 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,773 Views)

Thanking you sir for your reply, Presently i don't have any idea about part number. I will post it soon.

Initially i was just deploying my code to CVS and it was working fine. Then after i developed Host and RT target application. It worked fine for sometime and then after started to corrupt. Initially my pattern matching was also get corrupte. Once i formatted CVS and reinstalled all software and system started to work fine for a week.After a week again problem of corruption started.It is less frequent but unpredictable.

PBP
Labview 6.1 - 2019
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,751 Views)
Thanking you sir for your reply, Presently i don't have any idea about part number. I will post it soon. Initially i was just deploying my code to CVS and it was working fine. Then after i developed Host and RT target application. It worked fine for sometime and then after started to corrupt. Initially my pattern matching template was also get corrupted. Once i formatted CVS and reinstalled all software and system started to work fine for a week.After a week again problem of corruption started.It is less frequent but unpredictable.
PBP
Labview 6.1 - 2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,750 Views)

Dear prashantpatel21,

I see that you have contacted NI support on this issue. If you would, please post the resolution to your problem to this discussion forum thread once you get things back up and running  so that other forum users may benefit.

Thanks,

~Nate 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,665 Views)

Hi, I have disabled Rotator log in Martini. Now frequency of problem is reduced. I have added one entry in Martini

Retrogressively=False

I want to know is it  possible to disable Labview RT error log.?

PBP
Labview 6.1 - 2019
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,627 Views)
Solution
Accepted by PBP

Dear prashantpatel21,

I don't know of a way to disable the LabVIEW RT error log, at least, not that you or I could access.

Is the idea that disabling LabVIEW RT error logging will also further decrease incidences of corruption?

Have you been making progress with your service request? 

~Nate 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,611 Views)

Ignore my previous message. I wrote something else and displayed someother thing. I have disabled RT error log by adding one entry in NI-RT.ini file. i added following entry.

RTTarget.WriteLog=False

Yes sir, Once i modified NI-RT.ini, problem is reduced but i think LabVIEW RT error Log is also contributing in it. If my RT application is running on CVS and i suddenly power off RT, then will this corrupt my *.abc, pattern matching templates or .rtexe. Because operator is least concern about CVS and application running on it. Is there anyway that i safely shutdown CVS.

PBP
Labview 6.1 - 2019
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,599 Views)