Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can LV determine a mean value of 10 pictures?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello together,

I would like determine a mean value picture. Because the signal-to-noise ratio is to high. Therfore I get a picture (see Attachment "Original_Picture.png") 10 times (For Loop) and want to calculate the 10 pictures to a 1 mean value picture. I tried it with the Image processing Operator Imaq MulDiv (see Attachment "Example.png"). Unfortunately the 1 mean value picture (see Attachment "Result_Image.png") isn't that what I need.

I hope anybody can help me.

Thanks

zäpfle

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,626 Views)

Simple add 10 images together, then divide by 10, something like that:

INT.png

Be careful with overflow (therefore I using SGL type for accumulation). If your camera deliver U8, then you can use U16 for accumulation up to 256 images.

(my web cam deliver RGB, so I have extracted Intencity component before accumulation)

Andrey.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,617 Views)

Hi Andrey,

Thanks for the answer. I tried like your VI (see attachment), but unfortunately it doesn't works. I think the images will added but not divided. Do you see my mistake?

greetings

zäpfle

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,606 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author zäpfle

zäpfle wrote:

Hi Andrey,

Thanks for the answer. I tried like your VI (see attachment), but unfortunately it doesn't works. I think the images will added but not divided. Do you see my mistake?

greetings

zäpfle

It seems to be that you have overflow. If your images are U8 (8 bit grayscale), then accumulation buffer should be at least I16 (or SGL).

Another point - you may have race condition caused by IMAQ Dispose at the end. Take a note that images theoretically can be disposed before displaying, so you will see nothing at the end.

Andrey.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,602 Views)

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,539 Views)