Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to record a video using NI PCI-1411 ?

Solved!
Go to solution

Dear all,

I've got an old NI PCI-1411, Pulnix Camera, LabVIEW 7.1.1, and NI Vision 7.1.0 Development Module.

What I want to do is simply record a video, and I can't find any tools do it.

I found an example in LV code to save AVIs, but it seems to be too slow to record all frames.

Am I missing something ?

Thanks,

Jakub

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,170 Views)

Hi jcz

I will be looking into your issue, I have found an example for avi files which you may like to look at. Could you provide me the link to the example you have allready seen, so I can give you some more ideas on that.

Also you may want to look through the specifications and manuals for the device to ensure they will function as you expect and have the capabilities to do what you wanted to achieve.

If you could provide me any extra information you think may be helpful and I will continue to look into your problem.

Thank you

Stephanie L
Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK and Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,154 Views)

Hi Stephanie,

Ideally I would like to avoid writing any program at all. Is there a NI software (or any other open source) that allows to record a video from NI IMAQ ?

Jakub

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,145 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jcz

Hi Jakub,

There is nothing that directly records as I think you are wanting to achieve. To record a video image you will have to use a write function, acquire the data and then save it to a file, some of the functions available also have a playback function.

I suggest you look at the function reference manual and the help files available to you in IMAQ, LabVIEW and they are also available on our website.

I have found an article that uses a good architecture which may help you structure your application, to achieve what I understand you are wanting to do you will need to do some programming to get the data from the IMAQ device into a buffer to save.

There are also avi examples available from the LabVIEW example finder in the help tab which are a good reference when developing any application.

If you have any further questions please ask,

Thanks

Stephanie L
Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK and Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,141 Views)