Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove cam: from "NI-IMAQdx devices" in MAX

I installed a video to USB device on my computer (ADS Tech).  It showed up in MAX / Devices and Interfaces / NI-IMAQdx Devices as cam3: Cirrus Logic USB-DVR2 Source.  When I click on it, it locks up MAX, hourglass, no response, this program is not responding, etc.  I would like to delete this camara, but cannot.  I have deleted the ADS Tech program from Windows.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(6,627 Views)

Hi Aero-DAS,

What version of Windows are you running? Are you able to right click on the camera in MAX or does that cause it to freeze as well?

Regards,

Kira T

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16
(6,624 Views)

Right clicking caused freeze as well.

I ran the MAX Database Corruption Removal Tool, and MAX no longer locks up, but I still cannot see a delete option.

Now when I click on it I get an error message about lighting, need to go look at exact message.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
(6,622 Views)

Hi Aero-DAS,

If you navigate to the following folder on your computer, do you have any iid or icd files associated with the camera in this location?

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Shared Documents\National Instruments\NI-IMAQdx\Data

If you do, please delete them and then referesh your MAX to see if this removes your camera.  Thank you!

Regards,

Kira T

Message 4 of 16
(6,613 Views)

I have the same problem on two laptop computers, running same software, OS, etc.  I went to the IMAQdx/data directory and deleted the iid and icd files, the camera was still in MAX.  I deleted all camera iid and icd files, ran the MAX database corruption tool again, rebooted, etc, several times.  The other cameras did not reappear in MAX, but the Cirrus Logic DVR-USB will not go away.  I am ready to wipe the hard drive and start from scratch.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(6,606 Views)

Hi,

Before wiping the hard drive, you may want to just uninstall and reinstall MAX first.  Note that you can not download MAX by itself but you can get it as part of the the system configuration download.  It is a much smaller download than getting it with a driver.  I hope this helps!

http://search.ni.com/nisearch/app/main/p/bot/no/ap/tech/lang/en/pg/1/sn/catnav:du/q/NI%20system%20co...

Cole R.
National Instruments
Software Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
(6,594 Views)

I wiped the harddrive, reinstalled LabVIEW, drivers, etc.  Camera is now gone.  On to original problem, I installed a CameraLink ExpressCard, the card shows up as cam1: Express Streaming.  When I click on it I get an error message of "Not Enough Memory".  I am running Windows XP (32bit) with 3GB RAM, and 200GB free hard drive space.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(6,592 Views)

Hi,

Would it be possible for you to create and post a MAX technical report?  In Measurement and Automation Explorer (MAX), create a MAX Report by selecting File » Create Report. Follow the wizard, and select Technical Support Report as the report type.

Regards,

Greg H.

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(6,577 Views)

I have attached the MAX report.  I created the report with the expresscard installed.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(6,570 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for attaching the report.  I checked and the available memory is being reported correctly.  Could you attach a screen shot of the exact error you are getting?  Also, what is the resolution of the image you are trying to acquire?  Do you get the error when you try to acquire the image or when you click on the card in MAX?

Regards,

Greg H.

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(6,560 Views)