Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMAQdx Timeout 0XBFF6901B after running for some time

Hello,

I have build two copies of the same setup. The only difference is, that one uses an (older) laptop and the other one a new desktop-pc.

In both setups, we use a Basler camera and the exact same LabView software. The code works well on both setups, but on the second one (the one with the laptop) I get an  IMAQdx Timeout 0XBFF6901B-error after some time.

The same problem appears in the NI-MAX software but, as before just on the laptop.

Has someone a suggestion? Could it be a driver issue (the camera works well in the Basler software)?

Thanks

Edit: I notice that when the camera stops, the CPU-usage drops to zero, if that gives some clue?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,714 Views)

What kind of camera is it? I'm guessing it could be something related to power-saving settings on the device. Please give more details of the setup (if GigE, what's the NIC? if USB3, what host controller?) on each system as well as how your power settings are configured on the laptop. If it's GigE, is there any packet loss prior to the timeout (or at all?)? How long do you acquire successfully before the timeout? Is it consistent?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,688 Views)

Thanks for the reply!

We are using the Basler acA640-750um on USB3, I'm not sure about the controller though. The amount of data I'm able to acquire is quite consistent, and it depends on the field size. The bigger the field the sooner the timeout appears.

I've found a workaround; I just set the timeout to 100ms and display the error message. So after every timeout, the camera starts acquiring again. That works for the moment but it's obviously not the solution I'm looking for...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,680 Views)

Thanks for the update. That's interesting about the consistent amount of data. Sorry, I misspoke earlier when I said "I'm guessing it could be something related to power-saving settings on the device." I meant to say power-saving settings on the laptop.

If you open Device Manager and expand Universal Serial Bus controllers, you should be able to tell what host controller you're using. I've attached a screenshot of what it looks like on my machine. Let me know which one you're using in case there are some specific concerns with that particular host controller. There you can right click on your USB 3.0 Root Hub and go to Power Management settings. There should be an option there that indicates the OS can turn off the port/device to save power. Try unchecking that.

You should also go to Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Power Options\Edit Plan Settings -> Change advanced power settings -> USB settings -> USB selective suspend setting -> Setting: Disabled. It might be easier to just change the power plan to Ultimate Performance to rule out any problem with any of these settings.

Can you try those changes to power settings on the laptop and see if that affects the timeout you're seeing?

Download All
Message 4 of 5
(2,674 Views)

These steps to disable the USB power management should be a must before setting up USB cameras. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,680 Views)