Did you mean: 

LabView Real-Time and PCIe 8255R w/ Marlin Camera

Solved!
Go to solution
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,555 Views)

Re-post,

Our set up is to use NI LabView Real-Time. There is one host machine and one target machine. Both machines connect with ethernet cable. The host machine runs Windows XP OS and the target machine runs Labview Real-Time. The target machine installed NI PCIe 8255R, which has two ports of 1394 and the Allied Marlin camera is connected to one of the ports. The camera is not connected to host machine. The NI PCIe 8255R can be seen under MAX on the host machine, but not the camera. Do you think we need any other camera driver in order to run it under target machine?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,521 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Bruins

Hi Bruins,

You need to install IMAQdx on your real-time target. Here is a link on how to do it.

Joe Daily
National Instruments
Applications Engineer

may the G be with you ....
Message 3 of 9
(3,496 Views)

Hello Joe,

Yes, that was it and got help from machine vision team. I come out another problem. After I connect the camera, it will disappear and appear in a very short time under MAX, which caused a lot of problems. When this happenes, the highlight location will jump to next tree (+). I need to re-highlight the camera I am testing and re-start the process. Any idea where I should check? It seems camera/target lost connection with host very often.

Thanks,

Bruins

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,480 Views)

Hi Bruins,

It sounds like your firewire bus is being reset. Are there other firewire cards on the system? If so I recommend disabling or removing them if possible.

Otherwise I recommend taking a look at the following Microsoft KBs

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314873

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/885222

Joe Daily
National Instruments
Applications Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,471 Views)

Hello Joe,

Thanks for the links.

We tried to add Vision Aquisition block, but it asks for several files/drivers, for example: <vilib>:\Vision\driver\IMAQdx.llb\IMAQdx Start Aquisition.vi. What are we missing and where to find those files?

Thanks for your reply.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,462 Views)

Hi Bruins,

That is part of the vision acquasition software. What version did you install? If you are using 2010 make sure that you downloaded at version 2010.08.

Joe Daily
National Instruments
Applications Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,445 Views)

OK. I will check it out.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,427 Views)

Hello Joe,

I am able to run camera by using MAX and Vision Acquisition Express, but it comes out another problem: Under MAX, I can selet Region of Interest to specify the area we are interested, but I can't see this option in Vision Acquisition Express block. Is this option avaliable for Vision Acquisition Express? Also, I can choose the camera image to display either at target monitor, host monitor, or both, but it seems the camera images can only display on host machine with Vision Acquisition Express. I would like to speed up the sampling rate by trun off the display on the host.

Again, thanks so much.

Bruin

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,413 Views)