Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locate all the patterns

Hello,

I have a pattern matching program (attached) and it is looking for "Template" in the "Image". The issue is it is not able to find the bigger cross sign since the template image was taken from one of the smaller cross from the "Image". Is there a way to update the program so it locates all the cross signs regardless of its dimension/size and orientation?

Thanks

VeMo

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(501 Views)

Regular pattern matching does not allow for scaling changes and will not find items at a different scale from the template.

Geometric pattern matching does allow you to specify a scaling range when setting up the search.  It should work well for this scenario.

Bruce

Bruce Ammons
Ammons Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(485 Views)

Hi Bruce,

I updated the program as per your suggestion and it works in the same way as regular pattern matching program worked but when I put scale invariant range for program to find same template image by making it bigger or smaller, it is giving me some kind of error ("the template descriptor does not contain data required for scale-invariant matching"). I tried different things but nothing worked, the only thing is if I turn off the scale factor then it works as usual but does not find bigger cross. Would you happen to know what is the issue? 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(449 Views)

I would guess there is an option in the training of the template for scale invariant.  I haven't used it much so I don't know the details.

Bruce

Bruce Ammons
Ammons Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(440 Views)

Okay thank you. I will try to find more information on it. 

I will see if somebody else has any other information on discussion forums here. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(430 Views)