Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PArticle touching edge

Solved!
Go to solution

I have just started to use Vision part of the LabView. As the base I am using the program written by my colleague.

It just measures holes on a metal sheet.

Here is the question. I am looking at one of the pictures and after the image is processed I could see that the particle(hole) that touched edge in reality on this binary picture looked like 2 pixels standing aside of the edge.

How could I exlude particles like this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,779 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sergey(PSU)

@Sergey(PSU) wrote:

I am looking at one of the pictures and after the image is processed I could see that the particle(hole) that touched edge in reality on this binary picture looked like 2 pixels standing aside of the edge.

How could I exlude particles like this?

IMAQ RejectBorder VI?

Андрей.

Message 2 of 3
(2,772 Views)

For many of the image processing steps in NI's Vision Development Module, there is a checkbox in the setup (presuming you are using the Vision Assistant Express VI or just the Vision Assistant) that says "Ignore particles touching the edge". If you're not using these tools, it might be worth investigating as another solution to your problem.

Cheers,

-Matt S.

LabVIEW Integration Engineer with experience in LabVIEW Real-Time, LabVIEW FPGA, DAQ, Machine Vision, as well as C/C++. CLAD, working on CLD and CLA.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,770 Views)