cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pattern of Recognition

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello Every one,

Actually I am posting the same question again and still looking for solution of this pattern recognition. What I am working on is, image attached is taken by electroluminesence imaging process and there is a soler module, which I am trying to display only out of the image.

What I trying to code is;

1) Look for the boundary of the whole image 

2) Make this boundary as region of interest

3) code will ask user to select a cell from the module

4) code detect the boundaries and display the solar module only ( not the background)

5) Co-ordinates will be used after to crop the cell and save to pc. 

I have made a code there are some errors and I could not fix them. I am looking at my code over and over and every time ending up with same result. Can some one please look at my code. Please I am trying to do this for last 2 months. 

Many thanks 

Lazer

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(4,707 Views)

Hi Lazer,

Thanks for posting to the forums. I've had a look at your code and have run it, but I need to know if I am seeing the same behaviour as you. I therefore ask if you could please answer the following questions:

- What errors are you seeing? Please list the errors and where they are coming from if you have this information. The more specific you are the easier is it for us to help.

- I'm guessing that the .jpg is an image of the input for "IMAQ Read Image". Are you inputting that actual image, though? I ask because this is clearly a screenshot not an original image; if you are sending in the original instead of the screenshot please send me that!

Once I have answers to these I'll be able to run through your code and start to look at exactly where the errors are occurring and what is causing them. I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Thanks,

Eden S
Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK & Ireland
Message 2 of 11
(4,685 Views)

Hello Eden,

Thanks for replying. I have attached the origional image, regarding to image, yes I need to use the actual image not the screen shot but all actual images are tiff file images and 16 bits therefore I was trying the screen shots to see, will the program run or not because NI Vision manual says grayscale support mainly to 8 bit pics.

jpg is an image of input for the "IMAQ Read Image" which is used to select the cell boundaries and recongnise the pattern of selected area and display the matching area which will be the solar module only not the background area.

Regards to errros: In this program, there are  errors in

1) ReadImageandVision Info.Vi ( Unable to read) which I think I am using the wrong reading the file Vi. 

2) WritetoPNG Vi. which is ( The image is not large enough), I do not know why is this, while I am using "IMAQ Select Rectangle" I can choose the area but still this error is coming up. 

3) On the 2nd sequence there is a sub vi called  "draw pattern matches position" when I try to connect the matches output of this subvi to "IMAQ Match Geometric Pattern 2 Vi" it shows another error broken wires, I do not why this error exist. 

I think these are three errors in this program. I am not good in LabVIEW because I am only using it for nearly 4 months but still trying to learn it.Thank you

Best Reagrds,

Lazer 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(4,679 Views)

Hi Lazer,

Thanks for the update. I have made a few updates to your code and uploaded the .vis here. I couldn't see what version of labVIEW you are using; I saved them in 2012 but if you have an earlier version just let me know and I'll downconvert them for you.

1. You're right that this isn't the correct .vi to use, I have replaced it with "IMAQ ReadFile" which will load an image file to the location you created with 'IMAQ Create'.

2. I think the WritetoPNG was giving you an error because of the previous error, you shouldn't be getting it anymore.

3. This was strange, seems that draw pattern matches was not updated to work with IMAQ Match Geometric Pattern as the cluster it expects was different to the output of match geomatric pattern. All I did was replace the cluster within Draw Pattern Matches to be the same, it now works fine. 

Please let me know if this has helped.

Many thanks,

Eden S
Applications Engineer
Download All
Message 4 of 11
(4,659 Views)
Hello Eden,
Thank you very much. I am using LabVIEW 2011 version. Can you please upload them again accordingly to my version.
Many thanks
Lazer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(4,655 Views)
Solution
Accepted by lazer

Hi Lazer,

Sorry about that - I thought that would be the case! Here are the 2011 files.

Eden S
Applications Engineer
Download All
Message 6 of 11
(4,653 Views)

Hello Eden, 

Thank you, I am still looking at these VI.s however having some errors I do not why. Will let you know shortly. Thank you very much for the help. 

Many Thanks 

Lazer

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(4,648 Views)

Hello Eden,

Thank you very much. It is working, Thanks for your kind help. Again thank you,

Best Wishes

Lazer

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(4,645 Views)

Hi Lazer,

I'm thrilled to hear that it is all working. All the best with your application!

Thanks,

Eden S
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(4,641 Views)

Hi, 

It is working for this stage however I will use this image for detecting spots, cracks and overlaying now. Will come to forum shortly. Anyway thanks for your kind help. I will go to see my supervisor and show him this result. 

Regards,

lazer

Message 10 of 11
(4,637 Views)