Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sensor trigger

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, is there a way I can take a snapshot with a Basler camera when the sensor detects something? Like a trigger? I still couldn't figure it out on the VBAI software or NI-MAX how to do that.

I tried in VBAI to read input digital/analog but it redirects me to configure virtual channels and when I go to MAX I don't know where can I create the virtual channel

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,950 Views)

If you have a digital trigger from a sensor, you can connect triggers to camera and configure properties of camera to be triggered off that input. Make sure the camera accepts the same type of trigger (ie 0-5V) and the second tab of the camera acquisition step let’s you configure the camera trigger settings. 
Hope that helps

Brad

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,932 Views)

Ok, I've done that, I set at the acquire image step to have the trigger,the trigger is coming from the robot actually now which is connected to a sensor, but when I run it in a loop, it goes into time out error

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,918 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Andrionn

This means the camera isn't configured right or the trigger doesn't match what the camera expects, or you didn't ground the signal or something else along these lines. What Basler model are you using? You could also try contacting Basler support if you don't see any good reason it's not acquiring.

Brad

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,909 Views)

Which is easier, reading an input via NI-DAQmx and then proceeding to the next step or having the trigger in the image acquisition? Even without the trigger when I run it 1st and 2nd time it captures an image but when I try it the 3rd time it goes into time out error.. I guess I'm gonna contact them

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,865 Views)