Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To detect USB webcam

Hi, I am trying to detect USB webcam using NI Vision Assistant but its not works ! I already installed requisite drivers for it though its not possible to acquire images using webcam.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,945 Views)

Hi

Its possible to acquire image from web camera. What kind of camera are you using is it direct show compatible? Are you installed IMAQ USB Acquire driver?

---
Silver_Shaper | CLD
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,939 Views)

Hi !

Yes, I have installed IMAQ USB driver. I have windows XP SP3 and I am using Intex USB webcam, its plug & play. I have checked it, by simply double click on it & it open means it shows live images just like we do in online chatting !

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,936 Views)

Hi 

Check your camera is direct show compatible else follow this thread or buy a new camera with compatibility. (Its a mistake from Ni not yours)

---
Silver_Shaper | CLD
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,929 Views)

I have checked my webcam. its direct show compatible !

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,912 Views)

@Virtual world wrote:

I have checked my webcam. its direct show compatible !

Are you still having issue, if so check this

---
Silver_Shaper | CLD
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,895 Views)

f your goal is to work with you ltener vision first note that the programs have a cost, in any case you can use them in mode of assessment and expire over a period of time. You can perform image acquisition only drivers from VAS , but for any treatment or handling or VDM VBAI you need , plus VAS . You can download the evaluation software from the following links :

In this example, we will create a program in Labview to capture images from a USB camera to your application for further processing using the NI Vision module.

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-30531

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,460 Views)