cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

webcam labview

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi!

I wanna do a live streaming of a webcam with LabView. I've been told to use NI-IMAQ but...the only one I found requires a Vision Assistant 7.1... so my qestions are:

1. Can I find a FREE (not a trial) IVISION with the minimum requirements to help me?

2. Can I find a LabView with the IVision included? (I have a LabView 8.0)

3. If I can't afford a IVision...can I still fisnish the project with the webcam?

4. Who can Send me an exemple of a project like that???

Thank you! 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(8,489 Views)

it depends on what your project's focus, if you are looking for R B G differential, NI has a set of picture control VIs to support this solution. althought ,IMAQ USB toolkit is free, but it need Vision development toolkit to support, if you don't have Vision License, you can use CapX activeX for video capture or just search this website for such as toolkit.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(8,488 Views)

My project is a surveillance camera with live streaming in html...but using LabView...

And this CapX si also a driver like imaq??? do I get some quality in the image? 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(8,487 Views)

Oh YEAH, From your mentioned, the CapX is perfect for you, it is surveillance driver.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(8,484 Views)
I have trouble finding it! Can u give me a link?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(8,481 Views)
HI, I give you the OCX and develop instruction. it is very easy use.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(8,479 Views)

TNX!

I'll get back with a report when it's done! (now I have to go)

Bye! 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(8,476 Views)

It may be easy to use for you...I don't get it!

This is the first time that I used LabView (I'm more into OrCAD and Proteus) and I'm stuck!

Don't you know a site with some examples fot this kind of application? Or ar least a step-by-step-idiot's guide!!! :-s

Please HELP! 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(8,452 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author snuk

Hi snuk,

To use a webcam with LabVIEW, you will need the IMAQ for USB Cameras driver, which  has the following requirements:

- Windows Microsoft Windows Vista/Vista x64/XP/2000  (English, Italian, Japanese, French, Italian, Norwegian, Dutch, Spanish/Portuguese, Russian, or simple Chinese).
- LabVIEW 7.0 or later.  
- Vision Development Module 7.1 or later
- NI Vision Acquisition Software 7.1 or later, for USB LabVIEW support.
- Vision Assistant 7.1 or later, for  USB Vision Assistant plug-in module support.
- Vision Assistant 8.0 or later, for USB Express VI support.

There are examples on the NI DeveloperZone Community, but you will need the above requirements to run the examples.  Here is a link to one of the examples:

NI-IMAQ for USB: Grab and Save Image with USB Camera

I hope this helps!

Kristen H.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(8,425 Views)
TNX done it!
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(8,418 Views)