Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vision Assistant > Labview ploblem EMERGENCY!

Solved!
Go to solution

NuMetal wrote:

i forget to tell u something which is

a scope in my project is only on 2-d dimension so z axis is not count

Then why use a 6 axis robot?

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 40
(2,812 Views)

my study field is Industrial engineering so it's not gonna be that hard project to work on

about the 6-axis robot that's only robot which my college have , i guess

here's the picture

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 40
(2,811 Views)

still got the only ploblem which is

LabViEW is show where the centroid is located (x,y) in pixel but i want them to show as centimetre

but the caliper function work just fine by giving me the length in centimetre already

somebody knows how to fix ?

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 40
(2,809 Views)

Hi NuMetal,

Try using the IMAQ Convert Pixel to Real World VI. 

pixelToRealworld.jpg

As you can see you will need to pass in a Calibrated Image.   Take a look at the example VI- Simple Calibration Example.vi, found in the NI Example Finder (Help >> Find Examples...) under Toolkits and Modules >> Vision >> Functions

I hope this helps.

KristenH.

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 40
(2,776 Views)

tnx for ur help but with all respect, i thing you got me wrong

i can calibrate in VisionAssistant already

but after i've caliblated and sent it to Labview

the module just show the data type in pixel unit but i want it to show in centimetre

and one more thing can Labview show the picture with showing where the centroid is ?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 40
(2,773 Views)
i also try on the calibration from image and it's still not working
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 40
(2,766 Views)
so .. no one know how to fix this problem ?
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 40
(2,738 Views)
Solution
Accepted by NuMetal

Hi NuMetal,

I added the VI I suggested to the VI you posted and was able to get the same centroid position in cm as Vision Assistant.  Take a look at the screen shots below.  Let me know if this is what you were looking for.

Kristen H.

addedVI.jpgaddedVIfp.jpg

VAscriptcalc.jpg

Message Edited by Kristen H. on 12-21-2009 10:38 AM
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 28 of 40
(2,713 Views)

thousand thanks ... it's defenitely what am looking for

tnx a lot for ur help

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 40
(2,709 Views)

Kristen H. wrote:

Hi NuMetal,

The VIs with IVA infront of the name are created by the Vision Assistant.  You can find the VIs in \vi.lib\vison\Vision Assistant Utils.llb.   LabVIEW does not normally check here when loading VIs, so that is why it cannot find it.  I have also attached the subVI.   You may also want to consider using the  "Pattern Matching Example.vi," found in the NI Example Finder under Toolkits and Modules >> Vision >>Functions.

I hope this helps!

Kristen H.

Hi, Kristen H.
I try to use the example you mentioned to do my project. this example is pretty good, really.
Can we use the image and template acquired from USB cam real time? I mean I don't need to save the image to a folder and open it again. I also try  to use Vision assistant, which doesn't have the connection between acquire image by USB cam and process image. I mean the new script doesn't have Acquire image part, right? Do you know how can we put them together?
Thank you very much!
Guangli  

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 40
(2,543 Views)