Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

barcode reader using vision express

hello sir 

i am from salem, i new to labview platform.from two to three weeks i start learning labview .. for my applicatio i need to read the bar code which was present in my college id card... and i want compare the acquired barcode with existing barcode which was present in the memory... but i feel lot of strugle in that... i was tried my level best with vision express can you please guide and help me to complete my application....

i have attached my code with this message, i am waiting for your reply.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(4,849 Views)

Hi,

Your not far from the solution. You just have to set up the detection area of your barcode. The area might be a rectangle that intersects the barcode.

I've modified your code so that you can select the area directly from your main VI. The I added the barode type selector on the front panel so you can choose the good barcode type.

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(4,849 Views)

dear 

i received your edited code... but it wont work.. when i run it .. my web cam didnt open...can u tell the procedure to run it...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(4,841 Views)

Sorry, I forget to mentionned that I had to select my own webcam to run the code.

To change this, just double clic the Vision Acquisition express vi to edit it. Then select your own camera in the list and just clic Finish.

It should work.

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(4,837 Views)

Dear sir

when I run it It wont read the code which was present in my id card... And this was the same problem which was faced my me,earlier..

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(4,826 Views)

Do you know what format the barcode on your ID card is?

Is you program configured to read that format?

-AK2DM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(4,794 Views)

Yes. I know it is 1d barcode. Which was present in the stationary items like toothpaste and beauty creams or wrapper of electronics items. Please check weather it 1d barcode or else please tell the procedure to read the 1d barcode. Explanation in the image format is more convenient for me because I am new for labview environment...

waiting for your positive reply....

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(4,785 Views)

Hi,

Maybe you can send us an image of your barcode.

There are two options: either your barcode type is not readable with the IMAQ function, either the image quality is too poor to identify the code.

Try to have the best focus and contrast as possible.

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(4,780 Views)

and this is the one of the image  of my barcode my lv code has to read this bar code

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(4,773 Views)

Items in stores typically encode data with a barcode in the UPC format, I doubt that your student ID card uses that format. Google barcode and you will discover there are numerous formats used to encode data. You need to know the format being used in order to decode them in the vision tools.

The two images you posted do not have enough resolution to decode, I tried in Vision Assistant an neither one worked as expected.

I am unable to open your vi since I only have 2011 loaded on my PC.

Can you take a good picture of the code on your student ID and attach it?

-AK2DM

"It’s the questions that drive us.”
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(4,756 Views)