Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

capture image from usb camera::step

Solved!
Go to solution

hi 

i want use labview to caputre image from my webcam 
what are the ni drivers that required or step??

i use la 2012

regards

hi ?Q>

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(6,119 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author mangood

Your webcam needs to be USB 2.0 DirectShow compliant to work with drivers provided by National Instruments.

You have two choices over here:

1. Use the Vision Acquisition Software. This software has the NI-IMAQdx driver, which will support your device. You will need to pay for the software.

2. Use the NI-IMAQ for USB Cameras. This is available for free but you need the NI LabVIEW Vision Development Module installed in order to use it, which you have to pay for. This driver is free and fully documented, but NI does not support the product.

For NI software to use the camera successfully with either NI-IMAQdx or NI-IMAQ for USB, the camera manufacturer driver needs to be correctly installed and recognized by the operating system.

Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
Message 2 of 12
(6,111 Views)

If you are using LabVIEW 2012 you should go with the Vision Acquisition Software. You should not really use NI-IMAQ for USB Cameras unless you have old code (pre-LabVIEW 8.6) that already uses NI-IMAQ for USB Cameras. If you are using LabVIEW 8.6 and later, the Vision Acquisition Software (specifically the IMAQdx Driver) should be used. Adnan is right that the camera would need to be USB 2.0 DirectShow compliant to work with the IMAQdx Driver.

Cameron T
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Message 3 of 12
(6,100 Views)

thank you both for thease information

but i need one help

can any one know high resultion WEBCAM or 1024 or more or  (HD) webcam 

that work on labview 2011 or 2012sp1  or that use usb.2  from amzon.com so ca i bay it??

best reagrds

hi ?Q>

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(6,088 Views)

Like we mentioned previously, any webcam that is DirectShow compliant will work in both of those versions of LabVIEW. When searching for one for your application, that is the only thing you need to check.

Cameron T
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(6,071 Views)

@Cameron-T wrote:

Like we mentioned previously, any webcam that is DirectShow compliant will work in both of those versions of LabVIEW. When searching for one for your application, that is the only thing you need to check.

Can you  please give me famous webcam that have been used with labview??

My country I far way from USA and Europe so I must be sure that I ship good webcam 

the only thing that i want is high resolution above 800*600

best regards 

hi ?Q>

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(6,067 Views)

Like I said previously, any webcam that is DirectShow compliant will work just fine in LabVIEW. I do not know of a specific webcam for your application. I suggest searching for a webcam with the desired resolution and ensuring that it is DirectShow compliant. 

Cameron T
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Message 7 of 12
(6,046 Views)

thank

hi ?Q>

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(6,043 Views)

I am currently using a Basler camera for my application, you can check their website if you are interested in the camera product.

-

Hoa

Message 9 of 12
(6,029 Views)

If you can avoid using a webcam, then like Hoa said, the Basler GigE cameras might be a good fit. The GigE interface is most cost effective. And, a reliable interface as well.

A good line to checkout will be the Ace Camera line (scroll down and choose the Gigabit Ethernet tab).

Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(6,026 Views)