Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

image acquisition in lab view with NI frame grabber pci 1424

I have KOdak KLI-14403 camera and i have connected it with the NI frame grabber PCI-1424 for image acquisition.I have taken images of a moving platform but the image acquisition speed is slow,for this i have used the Measurement and Automation tool.

And now i want to acquire images from the same camera using the same frame grabber in labview.Kindly help me how i can do this .I have a block diagram of this scenario that i am attaching with my mail.it is a Simple LabVIEW Diagram that Acquires and Displays an Image.

Best Regards,

aasma.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,291 Views)

Just the snap vi is not going to work. You have to initialize the acquisition port by using init.vi and close vi. Like this

21197iD4078192B46271F2

If you want the acquisition to be continous then use a while loop. Check your interface name from max. Close max when you run labview.

21199i75FCC5197C187980

Message 2 of 4
(3,289 Views)

Actually i have labview version 7.0 and in this version the imaging tool kit is not installed .Should i install LAB view Tool kit 2.2

And further the block diagram that i have earlier mailed to you is taken from internet .how can i make this blobk diagram in the labview? I cannot find the icons as image,imaq and snap???

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,260 Views)

Sounds like you don't have the driver installed.  With LabVIEW 7.0, you'll want to install IMAQ 3.5.1 (according to this article)

You can download IMAQ 3.5.1 from this link.

Hope this helps!

Tejinder Gill
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
Visit ni.com/gettingstarted for step-by-step help in setting up your system.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,251 Views)