Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Evaluation messages may be shown when upgrading existing projects to Visual Studio 2010

We have recently found a bug in Measurement Studio 2010 regarding the dialog that is shown when upgrading projects to Visual Studio 2010.  If you have installed Measurement Studio 2010 you try to upgrade a Measurement Studio project to be used in Visual Studio 2010, you might see one of the following two things:

1. You might see an evaluation watermark on the “Update Project References” dialog box.

Evaluation Dialog.png
  2. You might see a SandGrid for Windows Forms dialog box stating that your evaluation has expired.

Sandgrid eval period.png

In both cases above, you can safely continue to upgrade your project by pressing the Update button in the first dialog or the OK button on the second dialog.  After pressing the OK button on the second dialog, you will be shown the first dialog with the watermark, but you can safely click the Update button to upgrade your Measurement Studio class library references.  After continuing, your Measurement Studio class library references will be successfully upgraded.  

Both cases above can occur for an evaluation or an activated version of Measurement Studio. Therefore, if you have already activated your copy of Measurement Studio, the above dialog boxes do not imply that your activation of Measurement Studio failed.

The National Instruments Measurement Studio team does have a licensed version of the “SandGrid for Windows Forms” control.  Both cases above are the result of a bug in the build process for Measurement Studio 2010 support for Visual Studio 2010.  We are currently working on providing a fix for this issue, and we will post back to this thread as soon as a fix is available.

NickB

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,435 Views)

I am seeing the SandGrid popup when using MStudio 2013 and VS2012.  Is there any way to prevent this annoying popup from coming up every time I launch Visual Studio 2012?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,127 Views)

Hi menchar,

I would recommend upgrading to Measurement Studio 2015 in conjunction with Visual Studio 2013, as this is the most recent combination of software that National Instruments currently supports. If there has been an official fix for this bug, then upgrading to the newest versions will be an easy way to resolve the issue.

If you are still seeing the popup after upgrading, I would recommend creating a new discussion thread on the Measurement Studio forums. New threads tend to get more exposure, and can serve as more effective media for discussion.

Tom D.
Staff Software Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,103 Views)