Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICE30 Errors when compile a WiX project and including the mstudiocommon.2010.msm

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi B_Diel,

Thanks for the update.

Yep, I know about the GUID. Rest assured this is not my final application. I left the stuff there because I did not wish to change your code too much. Also, I saw a note somewhere indicating that setting the GUIDs that way could pose some issues. Also, I am unclear why two sets of GUIDs are required even if targeting two platforms with the same code.

As far as I can tell, both the VISA NS and Common dlls did get redirected when executing my code. Otherwise common dlls go to the GAC and visa goes to [TargetDIR]. I typically found the visa DLL under Merge Modules Folder if redirection failed. Kudos on fixing the MSMs for VS2012. I have not looked at your VS2012 examples -- I think I am going to skip that version seeing that VS 2013 is knocking on our doors already.

What version should I expected for visa32.dll under x86 Windows? And, what is the earliest visa32.dll version that works with, say, VISANS.2010?

BTW. I cleaned up the code so that I could do away with most of the Light and ICE error suppressions. Leaving only 1056 and ICE30. 

I also took out the nimetautils -- seeing that it did not get installed with the VS installer, I assume it is not realy necessary as it just adds alerts and warnings.

Also seeing somewhere that C++ run time is not required for VISA (I believe one of the support engineers indicated that that is required for 3D graphics), I am ignoring the C++ msm. That took out another set of warnings.

All and all, this has taken quite a bit of work and I am not done yet....

Best regards,

David

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(3,013 Views)
  • visa32.dll will be the version of the NI-VISA that you installed on a 32-bit system.
  • NI-VISA 5.0.3 is the first version to include .NET 4.0 support.
  • Since you are only using NI-VISA and none of the other Measurement Studio libraries, it is safe to remove nimetautils.
  • The C++ run-time is a dependency of NationalInstruments.Common.Native.dll which is a dependency of NationalInstruments.Common.dll. You will see this in the ModuleDependencies table of the MStudioCommon.2010.msm.
National Instruments
Message 12 of 13
(3,007 Views)

Hi D_Biel,

Seeing how NI is standardizing on using WiX, will you be considering distributing wixlibs instead of or in addition to merge modules? If so, I am game for doing some testing on those.

The WiX libraries seem much easier to merge with the WiX installation projects. The cons are that they are specific to WiX.

David

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(2,980 Views)