Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Measurement Studio 8.1.2 for visual studio 2008

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello, I have installed Visual Studio 2008 and I am using the Visual C++ 2008 from it.  However, Measurement Studio 8.1.2 (which I have) does not natively plug in to VC 2008.  I have tried manually adding the controls on the toolbox.... but the NationalInstruments.UI.WindowsForms namespace does not seem to be there?  Perhaps I need to change something somewhere?  Any assistance would be most appreciated. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(5,338 Views)
I have not used measurement studio but believe it is an add on.  Typically runing the MSI file of an addon will modify the toolbox accordingly but not sure if this is the case with measurement studio.  Possibly you need to add a reference or assembly.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(5,333 Views)

Well, I'm working on a work lap top that already has Measurement Studio on it.   I just put Visual C++ on it.  I don't know where that MSI file would be.  I looked through the entire Measurement Studio folder and there is no MSI file to speak of.  Also what do you mean by References?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(5,328 Views)
the msi file is the installation file, sometimes it is just an EXE file.  It could be the order of installation.  If you have visual studio already installed and then install measurement studio it may add the items to the tool box.  References  are usually added at the project level and these allow namespaces associated with the reference to be visible in your project.  Hopefully someone can respond that has performed the installation sucessfully.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(5,325 Views)
Yeah, I hope someone responds.  😛  Thank you for your assistance thus far.  I am on a company licsense and as such I don't have access to the .exe files.  An NI tutorial said to add the NationalInstruments namespace manually.  I just can't find it....
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(5,323 Views)
I just installed the measurement studio eval software and seems to work fine on my machine, already had VS2008 on it.  I just opened the solution to one of the C# examples and the toolbox has all of the measurement studio controls.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(5,306 Views)

Alright.  Well, I'll try opening one of those example files, maybe they will force the project to include those things into it?? ::crosses fingers:: thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(5,304 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Defiance

Defiance -

As I understand it, you are trying to add references to the Measurement Studio .NET Assemblies to a C++ 2008 project. Is that correct?

If so, when you created your project, did you choose one of the templates under the CLR category (see attached screenshot)?

If so, then to add references to the Measurement Studio assemblies, you go to the Visual Studio menu item Project>>Properties and choose Common Properites>>Framework and References>>Add New Reference. The MStudio 8.1.2 assemblies should show up in the list. If not, you can browse to them. They should have installed by default to \Program Files\National Instruments\MeasurementStudioVS2005\DotNET\Assemblies\Current. You need to ensure that you add all required dependent assemblies (typically NationalInstruments.UI.dll and NationalInstruments.Common.dll).

You should also be able to create a Toolbox tab and add the controls to it.

If you're trying to do something else, could you provide more details on exactly the type of project you are trying to create?

David Rohacek

National Instruments

Message 8 of 11
(5,285 Views)

Defiance, if you have any further questions please reply to drohacek's post.

Cheers,

Kelly

Cheers,
Kelly R.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(5,275 Views)

Sorry, I haven't had access to an internet computer for a while... all the stand alone machines are faster.  Everything seems to work fine now.  I was able to add the reference "NationalInstruments.Common" and am now using that as follows:

NationalInstruments.Common::<whatever may be here>

The ultimate use is to communicate with a NI - DAQmx 9006 USB board.

The program allows the user to indicate amplitude, high time, low time and repitions of a desired square wave in order to create a trigger pulse.  Hopefully putting the entire project in context may help.

The entire program up to this point was created using .NET framework.  Now I need to send the information that I have collected from the used over the USB and onto the board... that's where I hit great big brick wall.

Again I apologize for getting back to you so late.

Thanks,

Defiance

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(5,207 Views)