Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI5105 digitizer and Measurement Studio 2010

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi I am new here. I have a problem that needs your help.

My company just purchased a PCI-5101 digitizer from NI, We want to continuously read signal output from all 8 channels of this device for our project.

Our project is under Microsoft VS 2010 and .Net Framework 4. But my understanding is that your NI Scope .net libraries only support Microsoft VS 2008, .Net Frame 3.5.

My question are: what should I do? Can Measurement Studio 2010 (.net frame 4)  do the data acquisition job for me?  I want to make sure it can before I purchase

the Measurement Studio from you.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,999 Views)
Solution
Accepted by LinaL

You are correct in that the NI-Scope .NET libraries only support VS 2008 and .NET 3.5. There is a workaround to use VS 2010, but you still must use the .NET framework 3.5.

Basically, you can install the NI-SCOPE .NET Class Library 1.1.1 on you machine to install the examples. You will then open them up in VS 2010, which will force them through a conversion process. Once in VS 2010, you will have to delete the NationalInstruments.Common reference, because it references the 4.0 framework. You will then have to add the NationalInstruments.Common reference for the 3.5 framework. Then the program will be able to compile. I was able to verify this, and was able to run the FetchForever example with a simulated Scope device.

All that being said, it is not officially supported, and I am not sure when support for .NET 4.0 and VS 2010 will be added. But, if you are okay programming the .NET 3.5, you should be able to program in VS 2010 with the 5101.

Regards,

Elizabeth K. 

National Instruments | Applications Engineer | www.ni.com/support 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,987 Views)