cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save Measurement Studio Waveform graph as a file to playback later

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I'd like to see if there's an easier way to save the data that's been rendered on a waveform graph (configured as a strip chart) than capturing the incoming data in code and sending copies of it to a file. It would be nice if there was a method to do this, with all the relevant metadata saved in the file (color, etc). Even better, the file then could be opened in a labview application (such as a TDMS file.) for later review.

thanks.

ps. i'm using VS2010 and MS 2010.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,705 Views)

Where is the data for the waveform graph coming from?

Humphrey H.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,674 Views)

hi - the data is coming from a custom IO subsystem (built on CAN) that arrives in the PC as an interrupt generated by a HID class device. i unpack the HID packet and present it to the graph every time a new packet arrives. if recording is selected, i also build a byte array that copies the data into the byte array for a later save operation.

but as long as i have you, is there an easy way to return a strip chart to its starting position (ie time = t0)?

thanks,

Jim

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,657 Views)
Solution
Accepted by djcoburn

So it sounds like you have all the data points already. For the metadata you mentioned, line colors, plot colors, point colors, line styles, etc. are all accessible from properties so if you wanted to, you can retrieve all that data.

I believe that starting back at t0 is the same as clearing the history so you can use the ClearData() method. 

Humphrey H.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Message 4 of 4
(5,650 Views)