Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Version conflict for NationalInstruments.Common between NI-DAQmx and Measurement Studio 2010

My goal: I have an application that works in Visual Studio 2010 using Measurement Studio 8.1.20.165 and NI-DAQmx 8.3.20.13. These both target Dotnet 2.0. I am trying to upgrade to using Measurement Studio 2010 (trial version) and the newest NI-DAQmx I can find (version 9.2.35.32).

My problem: Although I have purchased Measurement Studio 2010, I haven't received the disks yet, so I am trying to make the trial version work. My problem appears to be a conflict in the project references: the version of NationalInstruments.Common required by Measurement Studio 2010 targets Dotnet 4 (version 9.0.40.362) while the newest NI-DAQmx driver I can find in my Measurement Studio 2010 installation directories (version 9.2.35.32) appears to target dotnet 3.5, as does the newest driver available at ni.com downloads (version 9.2.2). Note that since I'm installing the trial version I don't have the device driver DVD that comes with Measurement Studio 2010.

From reading the forums I gather that I need to use a version of NI-DAQmx and Measurement Studio that both target the same Dotnet platform. If so, is there a NI-DAQmx version that targets Dotnet 4 that I'm unaware of or coming out soon? If not, is the only solution to revert to an older version of Measurement Studio that targets Dotnet 3.5?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,373 Views)

Hi Jim,

NI-DAQmx 9.2.3 is the first version to contain .NET Framework 4.0 support. Currently, the individual driver isn't up on the web, but the November 2010 Driver DVD which includes .NET Framework 4.0 support for GPIB, VISA, and DAQ is available.  I'm currently checking to see what the status is of putting the 9.2.3 driver up on the web. I'll keep you posted on what I find out.

Thanks

Jonathan N.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,350 Views)

Hi Jim,

We just posted the DAQmx 9.2.3 driver to the ftp site for you to download. Download it here.

Let me know if you run into any issues.

Thanks

Jonathan N.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,330 Views)

Thanks for the upload - all is well now.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,294 Views)

Apparently, this file has been removed. I just got the following message:

Forefront TMG: extended error message :

200 Type okay.
200 PORT command successful.
550 No such file.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,154 Views)

The driver is now available ftp://ftp.ni.com/support/daq/support/NIDAQ923f1.exe.

I'm not sure why it moved, but you can get it from there.

Regards,

Neil S.

Message 6 of 7
(4,137 Views)

The NI-DAQmx 9.2.3 driver has now been uploaded to the official drivers and updates pages. Refer to this link

Jonathan N.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,063 Views)