Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

measurement studio roadmap

Is there a publicly visible version of a roadmap for where measurement studio is going (including realistic timescales for features ?)

Specifically if/when will the plots be native wpf ?

Thanks

Paul

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,760 Views)

Hello Paul,

Information on product roadmaps are not generally available to publish, however Measurement Studio is a product being actively developed constantly.

If this is a feature that would considerably help with your applications and projects you can refer to the Product Suggestion Center to post your feedback.

With sufficient requests, or a strong case from yourself, our R&D team will consider this feature for development in the next version released.

Saying that, it might already be in development!

Here is the link to the Product Suggestion Center:

http://digital.ni.com/applications/psc.nsf/default?OpenForm

Kind Regards,

Michael S.
Applications Engineer
NI UK & Ireland

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,739 Views)

I have sent feedback previously, there is no closure to that loop though i.e. nothing saying that it is even under consideration or has been discounted completely.

When comitting to a praticular library for a project that will likely be in development for > 3yrs I'd like at least an outline of where it's going even if it is sketchy.

Paul

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,735 Views)

Hello Paul,

I tried to find your Product Suggestion so that I could follow it up but I wasn't able to trace it using keywords like "wpf plots", "wpf", and "measurement studio plots". Do you by any chance remember the title of your submission?

In general, our R&D teams constantly monitor the industries' trends and the evolution of platforms we work with, therefore I believe it is safe to say features like the one you are suggesting have been under consideration since their birth within other programming environments. It is only a matter of deciding when the right time is to invest into them ourselves, always checking our user base for feedback.

Let me investigate this further and I will get back to you with any new information I can get.

Kind Regards,

Michael S.
Applications Engineer
NI UK & Ireland

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,732 Views)

Hello Paul,

We cannot publically disclose product roadmap timelines, but as of the date of this post (March 9, 2009), we can confirm that we are actively working on WPF support for Measurement Studio.  We currently do not have a timeline for release. We would appreciate if you could share any feedback on particular features and priorities for WPF in the following forum thread:http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=232&message.id=8309&query.id=196805#M8309.

For further details, please contact your local NI representative since we may be able to share additional roadmap details on a one-on-one format.

Thanks

Wendy Logan

Product Marketing Manager, Measurement Studio

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,690 Views)