Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control the MICOS MocoDC stage controller

I have tried to search how to Control the MICOS MocoDC stage controller by LabVIEW everywhere, but no result found. I also contact MICOS but they don't reply me. Does anyone have the VI source code or drivers to do it? or Can you suggest me a solution?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(7,652 Views)

The MICOS MocoDC controller communicates over RS-232 serial. The manual provides the command set, and then it's a case of sending and recieving serial commands via LabVIEW to communicate to the controller. You could build this up yourself, but MICOS generally provides a LabVIEW driver that encapsulates the serial command interface in a set of driver VIs for common tasks. 

The MICOS USA page for the drive states that they have a LabVIEW driver for it (it may use the same VENUS control set used for their SMC stepper stage controllers, but I haven't been able to verify). It doesn't seem to be available anywhere from their website yet.

http://www.micosusa.com/old/Con_5044.html

Your best bet it to keep emailing/calling MICOS and get a hold of one of their support engineers to give you the LabVIEW driver. You could also build your own serial interface using the provided commands from MICOS in the Moco Manual. There are MANY resources available on the forums and via examples in LabVIEW, as well as the Instrument Driver Network to get you started if you decide to go that route.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/serial-communication-over-rs232-to-Micos-corvus-controller/td-p/6149...

Please post here and let us know what you here from MICOS about the driver VIs. 

Cheers!

Nate

Message 2 of 8
(7,638 Views)

Thank Nate,

I have tried to call MICOS, but they didn't answer.

I am trying to build this stuff by sending and recieving serial commands via LabVIEW to communicate to the controller. Hopefully, it will work.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(7,577 Views)

Thank Nate again.

Micos has replied. The problem is resolved. :manvery-happy:

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(7,511 Views)

Glad to hear it!

If you get a chance, could you post the info from MICOS (ideally a link to the driver if they have it posted)?

Cheers,

Nate

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(7,506 Views)

Hi Nate,

They sent me the source code by email. There is no link for this. I am not sure it's eligible to share this code. I think I have bought their product, so they can share the code with me. If somebody needs the code, just email me. I'm glad to send you a copy.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(7,496 Views)

Gotcha. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(7,483 Views)

Any chance the driver is still in your possession? The company isn't very responsive nowadays. Thanks in advance?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,241 Views)