ni.com checkout is currently experiencing issues.

Support teams are actively working on the resolution.

Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Converting a master follower type Cam Grinding Machine to CNC

I was searching for information about cam grinding machine conversions and saw website that talked about  Converting a Master follower type Cam grinding machine to a machine

that uses data files which contain lobe profile information to control the movement of the machine. The website had information about the conversion which said they used National

Instruments Hardware and LabView Software to control precision servos. The company mentioned in the Website was MAYURAS this company apparently is in India. I've Had no luck contacting them.

We own one of the Master Follower Type Machines and for years I have considered converting it to Computer Numeric Control. We already Generate the precise  profiles using 

in house software and software purchased from other vendors. The software generates files accurate to .000001" Unfortunately  the masters we generate now are only accurate  to .0005"  this is because our Vertical machining centers are only accurate to .0005"     

My company has used National Instruments CVI package to generate a Software package for adjusting and monitoring our Engine management System. We have been using the CVI package for over 10 years to control our Hardware.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,754 Views)

Did you have a specific question on this topic?

Zach C.
Field Engineer
Greater Los Angeles

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,743 Views)

I had hoped to contact someone who had converted this type of machine to find out more about the hardware and software used. Also to get a better idea of how well

the converted machine has performed over time and what the cost of the conversion might be.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,736 Views)