Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Image processing likes this P or fuzzy logic control?

I am afraid I still do not understand your question. What do you want to do with the PID gains on the motion controller? How is that correlated to what you are doing in the VI? Please elaborate on what you are trying to find out.
Vivek Nath
National Instruments
Applications Engineer

Machine Vision
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(1,255 Views)

I'm sorrry!

You know, I didn't define PID gains in my porgram. I use MAX to tune the Motor. See the motor getting the nice step response in MAX screen. And I initialize the motor. Then I run program and feedbacke the position to motion loop. And I use the position mulitplying 10 to update velocity, which control motor. It's kind of like fuzzy logic control.

Actually,  my project likes fluid system or thermal system. The fluid system already had certain inflow rate and outflow rate in order to keep the head of tank. That means the motor already run independently with certain PID gains. Then the conditions change. Outflow rate may have some didturbances. We may need ten times or one tenth times inflow rate. The program will let motor run faster or slower. That's my program gain.

I don't know if it is clear or not.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(1,247 Views)
So, it seems like you have this system working the way you want it to and you are trying to find the 'overall' gain. The P,I,D gains on the motion controller are applied strictly to the value from the encoder. Then, you are choosing the motor velocity based on the outflow rate. I do not see how exactly you are going to come up with an overall gain as both systems are different. One is for controlling the motor itself, and the other is for your program. You may have more luck with getting this answer by asking one who is experienced in control theory. On these forums, we can answer any questions you have on the Control Design and Simulation Module or our motion hardware and software specifically.
Vivek Nath
National Instruments
Applications Engineer

Machine Vision
Message 13 of 14
(1,234 Views)
Ok, THKS!
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(1,228 Views)