Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-Motion 7.0 problems (Error # -70017)

Hi Pedro,

When you try to upgrade to NI-Motion 7.0 the next time, try deleting the functions created from 6.1.5 and replacing them from the functions palette with the 7.0 functions.  It's possible that these functions have changed and your application is using the older functions instead of the ones replaced by 7.0.  I'm glad to hear that 6.1.5 is working fine for you now.  Let us know if you have any issues next time you try to upgrade, and definitely let us know if LabVIEW still crashes.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(1,463 Views)
Pedro,

I think I know what is going wrong.  Could you try something for me?  Edit the VI properties for "Configure Inhibit Output" and "Configure Stepper Output" so that they are not reentrant.  From the File Menu select VI Properties.  Select the Execution category and unselect "Reentrant execution".

Run your "initialization sub 2.vi".  Please let me know if the problem goes away.
Message 12 of 15
(1,458 Views)
Hi Kiran,

I tried your suggestion and it worked perfectly fine, now labview doesn't crash anymore. It seems that the "Configure Inhibit Output" and "Configure Stepper Output" were trying to use the same hardware resource simultaneously. I'm going to make some changes in my initialization subVI so it runs in a serial mode rather than a parallel one when configuring the controller axes, that way I can leave the original flx VIs as reentrant to avoid problems in the future (like using the VIs in another machine and forgetting to change the execution mode of those flx VIs).

One question though, why the options "axis type: servo, stepper", "stepper output mode: open collector, totem pole", and all the "inhibit input settings" are grayed out in MAX using NI-MOTION 7.0, while they were available in NI-MOTION 6.1.5 ?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards,

Pedro Zapata.
Message 13 of 15
(1,441 Views)
Pedro,

The thread saftey (reentrancy) issues will addressed in the next release of the NI-Motion driver.  Until then, serializing these VI's is the best solution. 
The following seven functions are affected:
Read Board Temprature
Load Commutation Parameter
Configure Inhibit Outputs
Configure Stepper Output
Configure Breakpoint Output
Load Reference Parameter
Get Reference Parameter

The options in MAX should not be disabled.  Can you send me your config3.mxs file located in your Program Files\National Instruments\MAX\Data folder.  By examining this file I may be able to figure out what is happening to cause this behavior.

Message 14 of 15
(1,437 Views)
Pedro,

I just realized that you were using a PCI-7334.  As a result the options you specified in MAX should be disabled.  The 7334 controller only supports stepper motors.  It only supports open collector stepper output mode.  And the 7334 does not support any inhibit input settings.  I believe the behavior is the same in NI-Motion 6.1.5.

If you are still experiencing other issues with your MAX settings, please export your settings from within MAX (right click on the settings and select export) and send them my way.
Message 15 of 15
(1,432 Views)