Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AI data reading with a PDA

I am developing the PDA based daq system.

My system consists of 6009OEM DAQ board, IPAQ210 with Solar Express CF card for USB host function in the PDA, and Window Mobile (WM) 6.

The program is working fine in the computer with the Daqmx Base, but in the PDA I cannot get the right signal.

There is no problem in communication between DAQ board and the PDA and the PDA collects signals.

But the signals are not right. The program is to detect the resistance changes.

There was resistance change but the PDA only showed some noises.

I wonder if this is caused by the WM6 and Labview version.

According to NI website,  Labview PDA 8.5 did not support WM6 and Labview 8.6 or 2009 can support WM6.

But I am still confusing because I cannot get any error message or so.

If you have any experience, pleasse let me know.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,982 Views)

Hi Nannom-

I'm not sure what could be going on here since you said that communication between the 6009 and the PDA seems fine.  I'm wondering if it's possible to put up screen shots of the "good" versus the "bad" signals that you're seeing?   Is there anything different about the setup with the computer versus with the PDA?  Also- you mentioned a possible compatibility issue with the LabVIEW version- exactly which verison of LabVIEW PDA are you using? Also, since this sounds like it could be an issue with the software, you may want to try posting in the LabVIEW forum too. 

Thanks!

Message Edited by aNIta B on 10-14-2009 05:08 PM
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,967 Views)
When you say that "the program is working fine in the computer" do you mean that you are running the VI on the computer with the DAQ board plugged into the computer's USB port (using DAQmx) and then you have an issue when you plug the DAQ board into the PDA (using DAQmx Base) via the SolarExpress CF card?  If that is the case, you may need to update the board's firmware.  If it works like the 6008, there is one firmware that is used if you are running the DAQ device with the computer and a different one if you are running it with the PDA.  You need to switch back and forth between them when going from computer to PDA or vice versa.  Following is a link to explain how to switch the firmware: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/1448A8AC665EE0EA8625703F004A4410.
Message 3 of 4
(2,945 Views)
One more thing to consider!.. on your PC you have a connection to earth ground through the power cord.  The PDA will not be at earth potential and you have to connect the 6009's Agnd and Dgnd to the referance on the device under test.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 4 of 4
(2,930 Views)