Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use the C-Series 9237 for anti-aliased voltage measurement

I need to take anti-aliased voltage measurements  and I would like to use the compact DAQ platform. Several of the modules have antialiasing filters but most are unsuitable for straight voltage measurements. The 9237 has anti-aliasing but is  designed for bridge based sensors however I was  thinking that it might be possible just to not connect the +excitation and -excitation terminals and to use the device to measure a voltage. I'm not sure  if this ss possible both electrically or from a software perspective. Anyone have any ideas?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,784 Views)
The NI 9237 returns a ratiometric value which means the data you get back is in mV/V, a unitless measurement.  The device does the division in hardware which allows for a more accurate reading since it uses the actual excitation voltage in the calculation.  This makes the device ideal for bridge and strain measurements, but also means that you cannot not connect the excitation terminals and attempt to read a voltage.  In DAQmx, users are restricted to two types of channels for the 9237: AI Strain Gage and AI Custom Voltage With Excitation. 
Message 2 of 2
(2,766 Views)