Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQmxGetAIChanCalCalDate gives Current Date &Time

When I try to get last calibration date of the devices, I get Current Date&Time not the calibration date& Time.

nistatus := DAQmxCreateAIVoltageChan(tempnitaskhandle,
                                                                     @tempcreatechannellistchr,
                                                                        '',
                                                                     DAQmx_Val_InputTermCfg_Diff,
                                                                   DAQmx_Val_VoltageUnits2_Volts,
                                                                   #0);
nistatus:=DAQmxGetAIChanCalCalDate(tempnitaskhandle,@tempcreatechannellistchr,@tempyear,@tempmonth,@tempday,@temphour,@tempminute);

Devices: USB-6009 and PCI-6013
Windows XP SP2
Delphi 7
DLL loaded dynamically

Omer

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,245 Views)

Hi Omer,

I wouldn't expect any data back from the USB-6009 since it does not support self or external calibration. However, for your 6013E, I would like for you to go to Measurement and Automation Explorer and go to the calibration tab for your 6013E. See what date and time show up there. If you can get data from there, then try running the function again with just the 6013E.

Regards,
Hal L.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,234 Views)

Hi Omer-

The DAQmxGetAIChanCalCalDate() property does not return device calibration information but rather information about when a software channel calibration was last performed via the MAX interface.  If you want to retrieve the hardware calibration date and time you should use DAQmxGetExtCalLastDateAndTime() or DAQmxGetSelfCalLastDateAndTime().

Hopefully this helps-

Tom W
National Instruments
Message 3 of 5
(3,229 Views)
Thanks,

I always expext that every function works on every NI products.

Omer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,200 Views)
Hi Omer-

Some functions are not applicable to all devices, but in this case you should be able to use the functions you need.  Is it safe to assume you are up and running with your app now?

Thanks-
Tom W
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,195 Views)