Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How is 6030E better than 6036E?

I am trying to replace a fried 6030E (MIO-16XE-10) with a 6036E card. I looked up the specs and the prices and they dont seem to make sense:
6030E is a 100kS/s 16 bit card that costs $2300 and 6036E is a 200kS/s 16 bit card that costs $999. They have the same number of Analog inputs, counters, DIOs and AOs. The inputs in 6030E have better accuracy for the same resolution but I don't understand  yet, what justifies the difference in cost and if I am missing something. Has anyone here dealt with this before and have any insight? Thanks!

Question on similar lines: is the only difference between PCI 6713 and 6733 the 4 bit improvement in resolution and ability to do Pattern IO?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,695 Views)

Hello Learner_CAP,

One of the main differences is in the triggering ability, the PCI 6030E can accept both analog & digital, while the PCI 6036E can only take in digital and I believe you had already stated the inputs in 6030E has better accuracy. The E-series are legacy cards and being that they are older DAQ cards, they cost more to produce. I would advise you to look into the M-Series DAQ boards. They have similar ( some times more) functionality and most of the time around the same price (if not cheaper).

To answer your other question about the differences between PCI 6713 and 6733; No,  the 4 bit improvement in resolution and ability to do Pattern IO is not the only difference, please look at the Maximum Voltage Range Accuracy and the Minimum Voltage Range Accuracy. The PCI-6733 has better accuracy.

I hope this helps

Cheers,

Jason Dawson

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,681 Views)
Thanks for the quick response Jason 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,673 Views)