Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get power readings such as Power & Displacement Power Factors, Active/Reactive/Apparent Power values using CompactDAQ?

Why would you wire a scalar (the rms value) to the power function? Why don't you just use the Split Signal function to separate the waveforms. Also, why would you want to append all of those zeroes to the file?
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(860 Views)

Hey DK!  Thanks for the response! 

This is just the first way I've found that gives me the correct outputs.  I'll try it without the RMS functions.  Remember, I'm a noob just flailing around in the dark here.  

🙂

C

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(851 Views)

Ok, I took out the RMS vi's and hooked up a split directly to my power vi and ran it.  While I was at it I hooked up my Fluke 435 Power Quality Analyzer and compared values... appears to be spot on. 

I've attached a new an improved version...  If you see any improvments please let me know!

Thanks,

Chad

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(847 Views)

Sorry DK, I forgot to answer one of your questions... all of the zeros are other values that I have coming from other data sources... I just stripped this small section of code out because the rest of my VI is huge and didn't want others getting lost in the other loops and such.

THX

C

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(845 Views)