Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI PCI 6229 problem in Simulink Real-Time windows Target

Hello everybody

I am hoping you can help me out here as I am about to resort to pulling my hair out...

I have a NI PCI 6229 card in a recently built machine.

Card seems to be happily installed in windows and I wired up a function generator and scope and its seem ok from the NI Measurement and Automation explorer.

I load matlab (2006b) and in simulink I have a Data Acquisition tool box (2.9) and a real-time windows target toolbox (2.6.2). When I pull the blocks from the Data Acquisition tool box, it automatically detect the card and everything is ok and I can stick a scope to the inputs and get a reading from the card.

However, when I pull the same block (analog input) from the real-time windows target toolbox, there is a problem. When I click on install new board my card is listed but when I try to install it it keeps saying "board not found" which is stupid because simulink can connect to it from the DAQ toolbox. But in the real-time windows target i keep getting the message "the board has not been found at the selected address".  I can take the auto-detect tick out, but I don't know what is the PCI address for the card.

I would much appreciate any help you can give me on this. Please let me know if you need any more information. thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,761 Views)
Hi

Looking at the Mathworks website, it appears that this board is not supported under their Real Time Windows Target:

Looking at the list that is supported - I think they are probably working with the Traditional NI DAQ API, which does not support the new M series devices. So you may have problems getting the board to work in this configuration.

I would suggest talking to The Mathworks and getting them to help you work out a solution that is supported by their software.

Regards
Hannah
NIUK & Ireland
Message 2 of 4
(5,736 Views)
Hi Hannah

thanks for your post. I think in the 2006b version the 6229 was added. Please see here

Certainly in simulink I have the 6229 listed as being supported, but the issue is I think getting the PCI base address. I am wondering if the PCI express slots are somehow causing a problem for simulink to detect the PCI base adress for the 6229. I am going to take the card out and install it in an older system which only has ISA and PCI slots.... don't know if that will solve it or not.

afterall it may be that there is a bug in their latest update drivers....

Amin
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,732 Views)

Hi Amin,

I think first u need to install the "real time windows target kernel" in MATLAB before u use it in Simulink.

Type "rtwintgt -setup" in MATLAB command window which will install the required kernel. Reboot the system and use Real time windows targets in Simulink.

This time choosing the board in simulink should not give the error.

All the best.

Rohit

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,025 Views)