cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCI-6254 DAQ Card,

Solved!
Go to solution

hi guys ,

im looking at buying the  PCI-6254 DAQ Card, but im a little confused , ive only ever used usb daqs . my question is if i get the pci card dose it fit onto the mother board on my computer or do i need some sort of chassi ? and other stuff to go with it ? sorry but im only discovering

thanks

stephen

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,108 Views)

If your mother board has a pci slot, then that is where you would place the card. If your motherboard does not have a pci slot, why would you even purchase this card?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,102 Views)
Solution
Accepted by vadajooz

Hello Stephen,

The PCI bus is a standard PC bus available in desktop PCs since the mid-90s.  Many desktops still ship with at least one PCI slot, however, keep in mind that many PC manufacturers are making desktop PCs slimmer or smaller for aesthetic purposes, which means that the PCI card many not physically fit in width or length.

If you are in the UK, please call 01635 523545 to speak with a Sales Engineer in the NI UK branch. Otherwise, please call your local branch and someone will help you decide whether this PCI card is appropriate for your PC and your application.

Best Regards,

George T.
Senior Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK and Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,093 Views)
Thanks gt 3000
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,088 Views)

@ Dennis . The reason I'm looking at this card is I may have a chance to get a second hand one , an this will bring me away from my usb 6008 , I like the labview platform and the hardware , but its the cost !!!!! That puts a lot of the hard ware out of reach for a lot of people like me that use,it on a personal level
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,087 Views)