Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCI multiplexer

I need a multiplexer. I searched in Ni website and find Ni PXI-2953. Would you please tell me can I connect this multiplexer to a personal computer? If I can't, would you please tell me a PCI multiplexer modulus to connect to a personal PC? Best regards
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,458 Views)

Hello Naser1363,

Yes, you would need a PXI chassis to house the 2593 and can use either an embedded controller or your PC w/ a MXI connection to control your switch. For a list of hardware needed to control a PXI device, please reference the following page. 
   http://www.ni.com/pxi/

Here is a link of products for PC Control of PXI.

Keep in mind the PXI-2953 is designed for switching RF signals.Here is a link of all the Multiplexer(MUX) switches available from NI. Feel free to contact NI's Technical Sales Representatives at (800)-433-3488, to address any questions you may have on NI products or would like some recommendations on appropriate hardware for your application.   

Message Edited by ManLongAtNI on 06-07-2010 06:33 PM

Regards,
Glenn
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,440 Views)

Thank you for your kind reply.

Would you please tell me what is switching RF signals?

What is difference between  RF signals and another signals?

Best regards 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,431 Views)

Hello Naser1363,

Without going too much into detail, RF stands for Radio Frequency. RF Signals are high frequency signals. 

Regards,
Glenn
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,406 Views)

Hi

I want to work on sensory array for nondestructive testing. I want to use (Hewlett Packard 33120A) to generate signals and (Krohn-Hite model 7602) to amplify these signals and applied to actuators. But for acquiring these signals I have several questions to want to select a data acquisition for this work.

1-      I have several sensor (approximation 20 sensors)

2-      Frequency is approximate 1kHz to 8MHz

3-      Also, It is better to be compatible with Matlab

4-      PCI to connect to personal computer

With these parameters would you please tell me:

1-      Do I need to use Multiplexer?

2-      If Ok, What kind of Multiplexer is better for this work?

3-      Do Digital oscilloscope (for example NI-PCI 5154) is better or a Multifunction DAQ?

4-      If Digital oscilloscope is better would you please recommended me what kind of Digital oscilloscope is better?

5-      If Multifunction DAQ is better would you please recommended me what kind of Multifunction DAQ is better?

Thank you in advance for your time and attention.

Best regards

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,391 Views)

Hello Naser1363,

1- Do I need to use Multiplexer?
      It appears you have one measurement device and 20 device under tests in which case a Multiplexer woul be appropriate
3- Do Digital oscilloscope is better or a Multifunction DAQ?
      If you need to measure signals up to 8MHz, you will need a oscilloscope 

Feel free to contact NI's Technical Sales Representatives at (800)-433-3488, to address any questions you may have on NI products or would like some recommendations on appropriate hardware for your application.

Regards,
Glenn
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,361 Views)