Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signal timing with NI9263

Solved!
Go to solution

I have creat an Output of two different signals which have a specific time delay to each other. I have used the USB-6001 device

for the first test and it has worked fine. But I need a higher Resolution of the signals (USB-6001 only has 5ks/s) so i have choosen the NI9263 (100ks/s).

I am not very good at labview so I have used the VI " Simulate Aribitrary Signal " to design my signals and then the VI " DAQ-Assistant"

The Problem is, when I am using the USB-6001 device I can set the delay between the two different signals, when I am useing the NI9263 the delay between the two signals is always between 74ms and 96ms no matter which delay I am useing. Find attached a screenshot of my Programm and the DAQ-Assistant Settings. I hope that some has an idea why it is working with the USB-6001 device and not with the NI9263

Thanks Robert

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,621 Views)

In the meantime I have tried a different way. I have abandoned the DAQ assistant and have tried to do it with the VI's of the

DAQ. The first test I have tried is to produce an impuls followed by a pause which is adjustable by the front panel. The first program Impuls1 works fine, but i can't adjust the sample rate of the impuls, so when the impuls has a greater solution (more Points) the produced Impuls gets only lager in time but does not get a better solution. So i have tried to insert a VI called sample clock to  set my sample rate ( Programm Impuls 2)   , but now I'm getting an error " Generation can not be started because the Output buffer is empty". Has anybody an idea what I can do, cause I am at my wit's end.

Thanks for your help

Robert

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,573 Views)

Hello nepumuk2004

in your first post the timing between the two outputs is software based so i can be different.

An idea from my side, calculate the complete waveform including the break before you start the output, then you can manipulate all and the timing is done on the card with the set sample rate you set for the output.

best regards
Alexander
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,569 Views)

Thanks for your reply, I have changed the position of the "start VI ". Now I'm able to run the porgram und set the sample rate of

the Signal, but now the Programm is ignoring the Settings of the brake-time . I also had to set the Auto Funktion of the first VI to True, otherwise the Programm would not start.

Best regards Robert

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,567 Views)

Hello nepumuk2004

please create more datapoints, when using 20 Khz, because with 71 points the loop runs to fast.

AO.png

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,556 Views)

Thank you for your reply, Noffz, I've only the problem that I can't open your program, because I'm useing Labview Version 14 and the program was written in Version 17.0. Maybe you can post it in a lower Version.

When I'm modifying my program like your picture, you've posted the program always gives an error saying " Generation cannot be started because the outputbuffer is empty". So maybe you have changed some adjustments I can't see in the picture. Have you any idea how I can implement the adjustable (variable length) signal break?

Best regards and thanks for your help

Robert

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,545 Views)

Hello nepumuk2004,

attached the file, saved to previous version 2014.

best regards
Alexander
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,541 Views)

Thank you for your compilation.

But does anybody have an idea how I can implement an adjustable breake between these pulses, because when I'm useing the program, the pulses are generated continuously. When I'm useing a timer in the while loop, to generate the break between the pulses, it is completly ignored. Also the use of a flat sequence including a delay shows no effect, the pulses come continuously

Best regards Robert

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,537 Views)
Solution
Accepted by nepumuk2004

Hello nepumuk2004

i attached a modified example.

AO test.png

best regards
Alexander
Message 9 of 10
(3,530 Views)

Thanks Duffy2007  very much, it works perfekt, and to all others thank you for your assistance

Best regards Robert

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,520 Views)