cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Start Trigger Synchronization with USB-6002

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

I'm trying to implement the Start Trigger Synchronization (Fig. 2) from this article: https://www.ni.com/en/support/documentation/supplemental/21/signal-based-synchronization-of-analog-i... using two analog input channels of USB-6002 and I am getting an error 50103. From what I read, it could be that USB-6002 isn't capable of handling concurrent tasks but when I look at the specs of USB-6002 I cannot find this information. This is my VI:

Omnistic_0-1712933286787.png

I made sure to split the total 50kS/s into two (as the 50kS/s is specified as aggregated in the specs of USB-6002). Can anyone help me figure out my mistake here? Thank you very much for your help and take care,

David

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(188 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Omnistic

Put both channels into a single task by specifying "Dev1/ai0:1".  This is a typical restriction across any DAQmx devices I can think of - only 1 AI "timing engine" available per device, so when you need to sample multiple channels, put them all in 1 task.

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(167 Views)

To supplement what Kevin has shared, see

Number of Parallel DAQmx Tasks on NI Multifunction Devices

Easily Synchronize and Trigger NI-DAQmx with Channel Expansion

-------------------------------------------------------
Control Lead | Intelline Inc
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(152 Views)

Thank you both, very helpful once again. For those interested, this is my corrected VI:

Omnistic_0-1713171916255.png

Take care,

David

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(102 Views)