cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchronize multiple 9191 chassis

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi Tino-

It sounds like you may have faulty hardware, but before I recommend that you contact National Instruments for an exchange, let's try a couple of quick troubleshooting steps:

Can you interact with the device for things like network settings modification in MAX even though you can't reserve it?  How does the 'right-hand-pane' in MAX appear when you're in this state?  What happens if you point your web browser to the IP address or hostname of the chassis?

Even if you can't interact with the chassis via its MAX or web configuration interfaces, please try a hard reset on the chassis.  To do this, apply power and let it boot normally.  Since the LED indicator remains on you might not be able to tell for sure when it has successfully booted, so just wait for about 3 minutes after applying power.  Then press and hold the hardware Reset button for 5 seconds or longer and release.  The chassis will reboot and might become responsive again. 

If this doesn't help please let me know and I'll contact you offline to help arrange for a return/exchange.

Tom W
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(1,291 Views)

Thanks Tom,

I've already tried all those things but still nothing 😞

I can see the device in MAX and I can even add it. During this the STATUS LED is off which means everything is OK. But when I try to Reserve it then STATUS goes to YELLOW and I got the message.

I tried with hard reset and even tried with cDAQ Network Recovery Utility. In order to try this I had to manually  put the cDAQ in recovery mode. Still nothing 😞

My project needs 6 9191 chassis and this is the only one that is malfunctioning.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(1,289 Views)

Hi all,

Regarding these Wi-Fi 9191 chassis I've encountered another problem today.

My application needs to search for Wi-Fi modules on the local network. After the search is done and app finds (either via Ethernet or Wi-Fi) number of modules then the acquisition starts. For my test here I have connected two 9191 chassis via Wi-Fi and I am starting the acquisition. The idea is to have a continuous 24/7 acquisition and analysis of the data.

It happened three or four times that one of the chassis (or both) lost the connection to the host. Of course I need to restart my application after that. The interesting thing is that when I restart the application first I hear the sound from the DAQmx driver that a new device is found (one or both of them) and after that acquisition continues normally. Just for info before I start each task for each chassis first I Reserve and then Commit each task using DAQmx Control Task.vi. My timeout for DAQmx read is 10sec.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(1,271 Views)

Hi,

I had the same problem and I did as you said in the thread. I reserved all my DAQ cards before starting my DAQmx Start Task VI. Now my program works flawlessly. 

I have spent days trying to solve my problem until I came to your thread. Thanks a lot! you saved me from weeks worth of stress 🙂 

Farid

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(674 Views)