Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What hardware adapter is used to connect a Dell Axim X50v to a USB-6009?

Solved!
Go to solution
I wanted to use the X50v to connect a USB NI-6009. What adapter do I need to connect these two devices together?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,720 Views)

Doesn't the X50v have a USB port? That is how the USB-6009 interfaces to PC'.s

Not sure if you will be able to do anything with it though due to the Windows Mobile OS and limited RAM available.

-AK2DM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,717 Views)
Thanks for the reply. It does have one for the cradle (not sure wether it is usb 1.1 or 2.0) but I don't know if I can use that for external equipment. I found in another post that a Solar Express CF USB hub will work. But I was hoping just to use the existing usb for the cradle. Any other thoughts?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,704 Views)
Solution
Accepted by JWT

You cannot use the USB cradle to do what you want to do.  You need "USB host" capability, which neither the cradle nor the Axim itself provide. 

My suggestion would be to purchase the SolarExpress unit.  I have done so and can successfully use a 6008 connected to it.  I have not had any issues with the card.  This seems to be the best, if not one of the only CF USB Host cards out there.  Feel free to post back or e-mail me directly with further questions.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,669 Views)
Any thoughts on an ipod touch app?  This would make a great HMI  if we could use it the same as a PDA!
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,518 Views)

You might have better luck on the PDA Forum .  Happy Programming!

aNITaB

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,488 Views)