Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the diagram for SCB-68's differential measurment for channels 8-40?

Hello,

I have two SCB-68 cards connected to a PCI-6225 card.  They are configured for 80 single ended analog inputs.  Wiring the AI's in single-ended mode is well documented and has worked, so there's no hardware problem, however I am trying to measure the AI's in differential mode and I can only find the terminal table for channels AI-0 through AI-7 (using AI-0 through AI-15 pairs) at this link:

http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/372551a.pdf  on page 4-3.

Where can I find a similar table for differential mode AI-8 through AI-40 (using AI-16 through AI-79 pairs)?

Thanks,

Mustafa

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,034 Views)
The manual for the DAQ card defines which pins are to be used for differential pairs. You would pair AI16 thru AI23 to AI24 thru AI31 to AI32 thru AI39, etc.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,030 Views)

Hi Paperduck,

Dennis is correct that the actual DAQ device's manual will locate the pinouts for the device.  Also, you can right-click on your device in Measurement and Automation Explorer (MAX) and select Device Pinouts.  Furthermore, you can right-click the device in MAX and select properties; then configure the Accessory for each connector to be a SCB-68.  After this, you can configure an Analog Input Task in MAX for your device by right-clicking and selecting Create Task.  Then setup the task for the desired analog input channels, and use differential configuration.  You can then select the lower tab for connection diagram and it will show you exactly where to wire your input signal wires to your SCB-68.

Best,

Adam
Academic Product Manager
National Intruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,002 Views)